I want to see a better government in the US, and have been so hopeful that Obama will bring that change to Washington.
But so far, there has been some disappointment.
- Treasury Secretary nominee Timothy Geithner did not pay $34,000 in Social Security and Medicare taxes.
- Health and Human Services Secretary nominee Tom Daschle owed over $128,000 in taxes over three years.
- Chief Performance Officer nominee Nancy Killefer had failed to pay the unemployment compensation tax for a household employee.
- Labor Secretary nominee Hilda Solis’s had issues because of $6,400 in unpaid tax liens against her husbands auto shop.
- Judd Gregg withdrew his name from consideration as United States Commerce Secretary, citing policy differences with Obama.
- Chas Freeman withdrew his nomination for chair the National Intelligence Council due to a firestorm over his comments on foreign policy.
Hope is what makes us human.